Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Look Who Came Early!


Introducing Clara Christopher Reeves!

Clara surprised us by coming early.  I wasn't due until October 23rd, but around October 11th  my amniotic fluid started leaking.  I didn't realize it was amniotic fluid (since my first pregnancy, my bladder control is that of an 80 year old woman).  This went on for several days before I started to worry that I was leaking more than just urine.  I called the on-call OB very early Sunday, October 14th and she told me to go straight to Labor and Delivery.  Fortunately, the girls had spent the night at my mom's house that night so all we had to do was pack our bags and head out.

We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 am and the OB determined that I was in fact leaking amniotic fluid.  I had to take an antibiotic to prevent infection and they started me on Pitocin.    At 1:24 pm, baby Clara was here!  She weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long.

We hadn't decided on a name for Clara before she was born.  In fact, it wasn't until almost 24 hours after her birth that we chose her name.  We chose Clara because it means "clear and bright".  Tim also liked that we could call her Clare.  Her middle name, Christopher, is her Grandma Reeves name (and Superman's name!).  According to Grandma Reeves, her parents chose to name her Christopher just because they really liked that name.  Ava's middle name is Carol-Ann, which is Grandma Isaak's name, and Sidney's middle name is Catherine, my name.

Much to my surprise, Ava and Sidney are IN LOVE with Clara.  They really want to help out and play with her.  Adjusting to life with 3 kiddos is definitively challenging, but I'm so blessed to have my girls.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...