Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think my favorite thing about fall is all the pumpkin treats I get to eat.  My friend, Jenna, gave me this recipe for Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and I make them every year (okay, I make them several times a year).  They are soooooo yummy so I had to share the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the sugar, pumpkin, oil and egg.
3.  In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder, then slowly add to the stand mixer bowl until combined.
4.  Dissolve the baking soda, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and add to the stand mixer bowl.
5.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
6.  The dough will be sticky so I'd recommend using two spoons to drop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
7.  Bake for 6-8 minutes.  I always check them at 6 minutes because you do not want to over bake the cookies.  They should be soft and moist when you take them out of the oven.
8.  Cool on the cookie sheet until you can remove them and store in an air-tight container.

NOTE:  You can also make these into mini muffins.  Just lightly spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray first.

This recipe makes ~28 cookies.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...