Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Halloween Rolo Pretzels

I think I have given up on maintaining a normal weight gain this last month of pregnancy.  I find myself baking treats multiple times a week these days.  My excuse is that I have all these men working hard to finish the basement before the baby comes so I need to keep them well fed.  While I think they enjoy the treats, I'm sure they'd prefer a case of beer instead.



Anyway, I decided to make some Halloween Rolo Pretzels for them (and some for me too) because they're such a fun, easy and yummy thing to snack on.

Ingredients:
Small pretzel twists (Snyders works the best)
Rolo candies (one bag has about 55 Rolos)
M&M's (I bought a regular bag and picked out all the orange, yellow and brown ones)
Any other toppings you choose (i.e.; pecans, white chocolate for drizzling, etc.)

Instructions:

1.  Adjust oven rack to the middle position.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Place pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet. I like to use parchment paper for easy handling, but you can also put them on foil, a silpat, or directly onto the cookie sheet.


3.  Unwrap your Rolo candies and place one on top of each pretzel with the wide end facing down.
4.  Place pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Any longer is probably too long. You just want the chocolate on the outside to look glossy and melty, but they should still hold their shape.


5.  Remove pan from oven and press the Rolo onto the pretzel with the back of a spoon.  I use 2 spoons - one to hold the pretzel in place and one to smash the Rolo.  It doesn't have to look pretty.  Just try to cover the pretzel.
6.  Place your topping on the chocolate.  Again, I stick to M&Ms, but you can be creative.  Pecans, cashews, and honey roasted peanuts would be good.  And for kiddos and those who can't eat nuts or don't like them, those mini Hershey's kissables make a great little topper.  If you want to get fancy you can give them a little drizzle of almond bark or white chocolate. 
7.  Let them cool by placing them in the refrigerator or freezer.
8.  You can store them in the refrigerator but they taste best at room temperature.




This is such an easy and yummy treat that you can bring to a Halloween party!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...