One of the best parts of the vacation was the morning. Tim got the girls started on breakfast on our porch while I ran to Starbuck's to get coffee (don't judge, it's allowed during pregnancy now). The view was beautiful, the weather was perfect and the girls were sweet as can be. We were in no hurry - just able to relax. Just what we needed.
Our view of the lake - so peaceful in the morning.
Sidney waiting patiently for her breakfast.
Ava is our little squirrel. She ate nuts and berries for breakfast every morning.
Before we left on vacation, I was bombarded with pumpkin-y treats on Pinterest. I am a sucker for anything with pumpkin. It seemed a bit early to be baking with pumpkin but I just couldn't resist. I found a highly rated recipe for pumpkin pancakes using Bisquick and they lived up to the expectations. Hope you enjoy!
2-1/3 cups Bisquick mix
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F.
2. Grease griddle with vegetable oil or Baking Pam.
3. In medium bowl, stir all pancake ingredients until well blended.
4. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Top with mini chocolate chips.
5. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown.
6. Serve with hot Maple syrup.