If any of our Nana's or Papa's are reading this - please stop or your surprise will be ruined!
Tim and I lived out of town for 10 years after we graduated from college. While it was our choice and we loved the experience, our end goal was to get ourselves back home eventually. When Ava was two and Sidney was a newborn, that dream became a reality. Ava and Sidney love spending time with their grandparents and cousins. And the more people that love our kids the better!
When I told Ava that Grandparents Day was coming up (September 9th!), she immediately wanted to do an art project for a gift. Here's what we came up with:
FRONT:I printed the poem on regular 8.5x11 printer paper and the girls stamped their hand prints at the bottom. I cut the paper down and used double stick tape to secure it to a piece of yellow card stock.
BACK:I printed out a questionnaire on 8.5x11 purple printer paper and interviewed Ava. Then I cut the paper down and double stick taped it to the back of the yellow card stock. I took it to FedEx Kinkos to laminate it and now we have a Grandparents Day gift from the girls!
The questions I asked Ava are:
1. What is your favorite thing to do with Grandma and Grandpa?
2. If you could make any wish for Grandma and Grandpa, what would you wish for them?
3. What is Grandma really good at doing?
4. What is Grandpa really good at doing?
5. What do you think Grandma and Grandpa like to do when they were your age?
6. If you could spend a day with Grandma and Grandpa what would you want to do?
7. What do you love most about Grandma and Grandpa?
If you want any of these templates, click here to download the poem and click here to download the questionnaire.
Also, click here to see our 2013 Grandparents Day Card!