Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Meatless Monday: Arugula Ricotta Mozzarella Pizza


My family loves pizza so I'm always looking for healthy pizza recipes.   I found this recipe in my Parenting magazine.  Giada De Laurentiis makes this pizza for her daughter, Jade.  Tim and I loved it so much we didn't share any with Ava!  Next time I'll have to remember to make more.




Ingredients:

1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella (I had part skim mozzarella on hand so I used that instead)
1 packed cup (1 ounce) arugula
6 - 6 inch round pita pockets or flat bread
2 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil


Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 475°. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
2.  In food processor, blend ricotta, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add mozzarella and arugula. Pulse to combine.


3.  Place the pita pockets on the tin foil and drizzle with olive oil.  


4.  Spread ricotta mixture on top, leaving a slight border. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with oil.


5.  Bake 10 - 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the ricotta mixture starts to brown.


This recipe made exactly 6 small pizzas.  I made 4 the first night and refrigerated the leftover ricotta mixture.  I made the last 2 the next day and it was good, but not as good as the first night.  It didn't have as much flavor the second day.  But I was not complaining!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...