Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cake Batter Cookies

I had my 15 week weigh-in at the OB office.  I don't have a scale at my house so I have no way of knowing how good or, more likely, how bad I did.  I was confident that I had gained AT LEAST 5 pounds.  I sure looks like I did.  Much to my surprise (and partly due to the fact that I had a morning appointment - don't we all weigh less in the morning!) I only gained TWO POUNDS!!!!!  I think that calls for some celebratory treats!




I found this recipe for Cake Batter Cookies on a blog.  They looked so fun that I had to try them.  I was especially happy at how few ingredients these cookies require - I love easy recipes!


Ingredients:

1 box vanilla cake mix, 18.25 oz
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup colored sprinkles


Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350°. 


2.  In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder.  I used a whisk to do this.


3.  In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. 


4.  Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine.  Then stir in the sprinkles. 


5.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or silpat.


6.  Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack. They will be very soft at first.   Cool and enjoy!


These would be fun for a kids party or a baby shower. You could also use red, white and blue sprinkles and make them for Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...