Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Dollar Crafts - Clothespin Reindeer
Another day, another Christmas craft. I think I saw this one on Pinterest and was very excited that (a) it involved painting and (b) we had all the supplies at home.
Here's what you need for one reindeer:
- 3 clothespins
- 1 short Popsicle stick
- Brown and black paint
- 2 small googly eyes (or you can make your own with white paper and a black marker)
- Small red pom pom ball (or you can make your own with red paper or red paint)
- Hot glue gun (or white glue will do)
Here are some instructions for making the reindeer, although it's pretty self explanatory:
1. Paint the clothespins and Popsicle stick brown. Once dry, paint the ends of 2 of the clothespins (the ends that you pinch with your fingers) black for the reindeer hooves.
2. Glue the eyes on the remaining clothespin on the end that clamps.
3. Assemble the reindeer and then glue on the nose!
If you have a small jingle bell and some ribbon you could tie it around the reindeer's neck too. You can also tie some ribbon around the neck to hang on your Christmas tree.