Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Dollar Crafts - Christmas Wreath

Christmas break is here.  It couldn't have come at a better time.  I was not ready to send Ava back to school.  Not after the events that occurred in Connecticut this past Friday.  So sad and unthinkable.  Thankfully, I have a few Christmas craft ideas up my sleeve to keep the kids busy.  I'll be posting all of them this week so be sure to check back if you need some ideas!  Bonus: I am doing crafts with only materials that I have around my house because I refuse to shop the week before Christmas.

Ava made a Christmas wreath at school and I'm totally copying it.  It only requires: green construction paper, tissue paper, a glue stick, scissors, a hole puncher, red ribbon and a glue gun.  I knew that Sidney would love this project which is why I copied it - if it involves a glue stick she's set for hours!  She made several wreaths!




All you do is cut a circle from a piece of green construction paper, then cut out a smaller circle inside to make a wreath.  Use your hole puncher to punch out circles around 80% of the wreath, leaving room for a ribbon.  Then cut out small squares of tissue paper.  The kids used a glue stick to glue the tissue paper to the back of the wreath.  I used the hot glue gun to stick the bow on the bottom of the wreath and that's all there is to it!



If you don't have a red ribbon, you could also cut one out of construction paper.

You can't tell from this picture below, but I put the wreaths on our Christmas tree to show the girls how pretty it looks with the Christmas tree lights shining behind the tissue paper.  And it makes a cute ornament!  Or, if you have as many wreaths as we do, you can attach them to a thick ribbon an use them as garland for decoration!




Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...