Friday, April 6, 2012
Easter Rolo Pretzels
If you are in charge of bringing a dessert for Easter, these Rolo Pretzels are so easy and so yummy. I make them for almost all of our family events and not only do the kids love them, but the adults do too!
- Rolos (I bought 2 bags although most times I do 3-4 bags. One bag has ~56 Rolos and you need one Rolo for each pretzel.)
- Mini Pretzel Twists (Snyder's work the best because they're thicker; Rold Gold Pretzel Twists are too skinny)
- M&M's (You could also do other toppings like nuts or sprinkles or drizzled chocolate. I have found that everyone likes M&M's the best so I stick to that.)
1. Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet. Unwrap your Rolo candies and place one on top of each pretzel with the wide end facing down.
3. Place pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Any longer is probably too long. You just want the chocolate on the outside to look glossy and melty, but they should still hold their shape.
4. Remove pan from oven and press the Rolo onto the pretzel with the back of a spoon. I use 2 spoons - one to hold the pretzel in place and one to smash the Rolo. It doesn't have to look pretty. Just try to cover the pretzel.
5. Place your topping on the chocolate. Again, I stick to M&Ms, but you can be creative. Pecans, cashews, and honey roasted peanuts would be good. And for kiddos and those who can't eat nuts or don't like them, those mini Hershey's kissables make a great little topper. If you want to get fancy you can give them a little drizzle of almond bark or white chocolate.
6. Let them cool by placing them in the refrigerator or freezer.
7. You can store them in the refrigerator but they taste best at room temperature.