Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birthday Balloon Wreath


Ava's 4th birthday party is this weekend (assuming no one gets sick - a considerably big assumption).  I saw a bunch of pins on Pinterest for balloon wreaths and it looked pretty easy so I decided to give it a try.  It takes some time to pin all the balloons in place, but it's super easy.  You can't mess it up.  Here's what you need:


- 18 in. straw wreath (I found mine at Michael's)
- Crepe paper
- 216 12 in. round balloons (I only covered the front of my wreath.  If you want to cover the back you'll need more.)
- Floral pins (You can find these at any craft store, like Michael's or Hobby Lobby)


I started by wrapping my wreath in crepe paper because I didn't plan to put balloons on the back of the wreath and I wanted it to look finished.  Also, the crepe paper keeps the straw from shedding.


Once the wreath is wrapped, secure the end of the crepe paper with a floral pin.



Now you can start pinning your balloons to the wreath.  Place the floral pin in the center of the balloon and pin it to the wreath.


Pin balloons all over the wreath, leaving a small section empty for the ribbon.  Set the ribbon in place and begin to pin balloons directly over the ribbon.


I also added the number 4 to my wreath.  First, I spray painted it purple.  Once it dried, I secured a ribbon to the back of the number 4 with a small nail.  Then, I secured the other end of the ribbon to the back of the wreath using floral pins.


Stayed tuned for more pictures from Ava's birthday party next week!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...