Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Lean in '13


When I was in college I worked out nearly every day and always found room for improvement.  Then I had my first child, Ava, and I thought to myself that I would have killed to look as good as I did in college.  Then I had my second child, Sidney, and I thought to myself that I would have killed to look as good as I did after I had Ava.  Three months ago I gave birth to my third child, Clara.  While I could afford to loose some LBS, I've finally learned my lesson.  I'm sure that in 10 years from now I will think to myself that I would kill to look as good as I did after I had Clara.  So I'm going to appreciate what I've got even if there's room for improvement.

Now, let me back-track a bit...

When I was pregnant with Ava, I worked out 5 days a week.  I gained 37 pounds while pregnant and REALLY expected that I would be wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes home from the hospital.  Boy was I disappointed.  And discouraged.  I planned to have more kids and the thought of having to work off the weight after each pregnancy was daunting.  I decided that I'd do the best I could to lose the weight and worry about "the big weight loss" when I was done having kids.

I'm done having kids now.  {knock on wood}  But now it's less about losing the weight and more about being healthy.  So I'm going to make a genuine effort to get down to a healthy weight.  I won't look  "college hot" but I'm hoping to look "30 something hot".

Everyone is recommending the Jillian Michael's DVDs, especially the "30 Day Shred" workout.  I'm going to give it a try and I'll report back.  If anyone has other recommendations, please let me know!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...