Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

DIY Family Memory Game

Ava and Tim have been playing our Dora the Explorer Memory game a lot lately.  Ava's pretty good at it, but her Achilles Heel (as Tim likes to refer to it) is Isa.  Once someone turns over the Isa card she will search for the matching Isa card relentlessly until she matches it.  It generally costs her the game, but if she gets Isa it's a win in her mind!

I decided to make our own Memory game using pictures of family members.


I printed two copies of photos of our family, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  I cut out the faces using a paper cutter, then I cut out squares of card stock with the paper cutter and taped the pictures to the card stock using double stick tape.


Then pick out a few pairs and play!  This is a good way to teach little ones the names of their family members, especially out of town family.

Hi Aunt Tracy!

I found a cute box to store the cards.  Ava loves to play - her Achilles Heel is baby Clara.  Can't say that I blame her ;)



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...