Monday, January 14, 2013
Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips
I have never made Banana Nut Bread (until now). I think it's because I can never wait for the bananas to become over-ripe. Then, the other day I noticed 3 bananas that were getting pretty brown, but still edible. Perfect! I found a recipe and miraculously had all the ingredients that I needed at home plus a couple extras that I like to add to my sweet breads. I have to pat myself on the back because that bread was pretty amazing. Here's all the info you need to make your own delicious Banana Bread.
3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (3 large)
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal (optional, but it's healthy and you won't even notice a difference in the taste - promise!)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts and pecans because that's what I had on hand)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional, but who doesn't like chocolate??)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 325 F.
2. Grease a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
3. Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into the loaf pan.
5. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 60- 70 minutes.
6. Let cool 10 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf pan and remove from pan. Let cool completely before slicing.
Makes 1 large loaf or 4 mini loaves.