I had such good intentions of making a Spring wreath for my front door, but nothing materialized. Then, I saw this cute flag wreath in my Disney Family Fun magazine that looked really easy to make. I especially like that the wreath can be used for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
All you need is a wire wreath (Michael's and Hobby Lobby sell them for $3), red, white and blue tulle (I bought 25 yards of each and had lots left over), wooden stars and white paint.
1. Cut a bunch of pieces of tulle. The width of your wreath will determine how long you should cut your pieces. I cut mine ~11 or 12 inches long.
2. Fold a piece of tulle in half and place it under the wreath.
3. Insert the ends of the tulle between the loop and pull tight.
4. I alternated two reds, two whites and two blues to fill my wreath.
5. I attached a long piece of red tulle to the wreath to hang it on my door.
6. Lastly, I painted three wooden stars white and attached them to the wreath using fabric tape. I appears to be holding very well.
Happy 4th of July!