Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Easter Garland



I don't have a whole lot of decorations for Easter so I thought I'd make some this year.  I found a similar idea on Pinterest and it looked like a fun project I could do with the girls.


First, we went to Joann's and picked out some paper.  We decided on pastel gingham prints and matching solid card stock (except for yellow, I thought I had it at home but I was wrong):



Then I made a bunny template out of white card stock.  I folded the card stock in half to draw half of the bunny so that both sides with be symmetrical.  I also drew the ears separate from the body and taped them together:


Then, I traced the bunny on our paper and cut them out:


I decorated all of the gingham bunnies with cotton balls for tails (I used double stick tape - Elmer's glue warped the paper), then I hole-punched each ear and strung ribbon through the ears to hang them on our fireplace:


The girls decorated half of the solid pastel bunnies with Easter stickers:



Then Ava stuck the cotton balls on the other half of the solid pastel bunnies, hole-punched the ears and helped string the ribbon through the ears.  We hung the girls' garland over the entrance to the sun room/play room so they can look at it every day!  




It's starting to feel like Easter finally!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...