Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Crafts & Gifts

Tim and I are not big on surprising each other with gifts (with the exception of my New York trip - thanks babe!).  If we need something, we just go out and buy it.  For Father's Day, Tim is going to the Cardinal's game with some friends that are coming in town that weekend.  So my Father's Day gift to him is a night off!  Priceless!  But I do enjoy giving crafty presents to Tim from the girls and me.  Last year I found this cute card idea on Pinterest:


 Front of card from Ava
 Inside of card from Ava
 Front of card from Sidney
Inside of card from Sidney

There is also a cute "kid interview" card on Pinterest that Ava did for Tim's birthday last year.

In case you're wondering, Tim does not wear earrings - those are his cheeks above his ears.  And he does not have 3 eyes either - that is his forehead.  Gotta love kid drawings!
Click here if you'd like to download a copy.

This year I found another idea on Pinterest, of course.  I bought the white "D" and "A" letters at Michael's for $4 each.  Not bad, especially if you have a 40% off coupon!  The letters also come in black but they're a bit smaller.  I took pictures of the girls holding the letters and used the pictures to make a card.  Here's how it turned out:

To make the outside of the card, I printed wallet size pictures at Walmart and pasted them onto white card stock.  Then I pasted the white card stock onto a piece of folded green card stock.  To make the inside of the card, I printed the text on a piece of 8.5x11 paper and cut it down so you can see the green card stock.  Then I taped it to the inside of the green card stock.


I also got an email from Shutterfly a long time ago for a free mug so I decided to make a mug for Tim for Father's Day - he drinks coffee every morning.  One side of the mug is shown in the picture above and here's the other side of the mug:
I LOVE Shutterfly.  I upload all my pictures to Shutterfly and I have a Share Site where I share pictures and videos with my family and friends.  I also make all of my scrapbooks on Shutterfly - they upgraded their Scrapbooking software program in the past year and it's AMAZING!  I especially love that they are always sending me emails with free stuff and promotions.  I highly recommend Shutterfly (and no, they don't pay me to say that!).  


There are also some cute books that star Daddy that the kids could give to him:






Happy Father's Day to my awesome husband, my loving Dad, and my wonderful father-in-law.  My life is so much better with you in it!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...