Can you believe that Halloween has already come and gone and it's already Election Day?! We didn't have as many trick-or-treaters this year (possibly because we didn't know our doorbell was broken until 7pm!) so now we have a ton of left over Take 5 Bars. Not good for my post pregnancy weight loss efforts. I cannot resist a Take 5 Bar.
Clara celebrated her first Halloween - my little pumpkin. She slept through most of the action.
Ava and Sidney, a couple of tasty cupcakes, trick-or-treated with their cousins around our neighborhood.
In case you are like me and have not tired of pumpkin-y treats, here is a yummy recipe for Pumpkin Poppers that I found on Pinterest. Be warned: these are super sugary and delicious! When I ate the first one, I thought they were too sweet and was disappointed and before I knew it I had eaten 6 of them! I guess they were just sweet enough ;)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and spray mini muffin tins with non-stick baking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices in a bowl and whisk until combine.
3. In another bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk.
4. Pour in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Fill mini muffin tins until almost full and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, melt butter in small bowl.
7. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl.
8. After poppers cool for a few minutes, dip them in the butter and roll them in the sugar mixture.
These make a great breakfast treat!
Happy Election Day! Get out and VOTE!