Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Monthly Baby Growth Photos

My dad worked at a photography company all my life so my childhood was well documented in photos.  Capturing memories in photos has always been a part of my life.  I have more photo albums than I can count.  Now that I have three little ones, the number of photos that I take has as least tripled.

When Ava was born, my dad won a "new baby basket" at a silent auction.  In that baby basket was this doll.


We couldn't believe that Ava was barely bigger than the doll so, of course, we took a picture to remember how little she was.  Every month until she turned one year old, I took a picture of Ava laying next to the doll (it became much harder to do this as she neared her first birthday, but we did it!).  It was fun to line up the pictures in her baby book and see how much she grew over the year.  When Sidney was born we took her picture next to the doll each month and now we're doing the same with Clara.

Here are the pictures of my girls as newborns compared to the doll:

Newborn Ava - 6 lbs 12 oz & 19.75 inches

Newborn Sidney - 6 lbs 1 oz & 18 inches

Newborn Clara - 6 lbs 12 oz & 20 inches

One thing that is crazy to me is how alike my girls look as newborns.  Do all newborn babies look the same???

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...