They're the perfect snack and if you're in a rush in the morning, a couple cookies will tide you over. Here's how you make them:
3 mashed bananas (ripe)
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 cups oats
¼ cup rice or almond milk
½ cup raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. I'm sure there's a tool you can buy to mash bananas. I found this wooden thing in our drawer. I think Tim bought it to mash the limes when he makes Caipirinha's. It works great for mashing bananas. A fork would probably do the trick too.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix. I like to add Flaxseed meal to recipes whenever I can (sorry I forgot to include it in my Ingredients picture). It's so good for you and doesn't change the taste.
4. Drop dough on a parchment lined baking sheet (~2 Tbsp for each cookie).
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a cookie sheet before packing in an air-tight container.
This recipe will make about 20 cookies. Yum!