My girls' have a ton of barrettes and they started taking over my desk drawers. I made this barrette hanger and now my drawers stay nice and organized and so do their barrettes! It was very simple to make.
- All you need is a hanger, ribbon and double stick fabric tape. Be sure to choose a ribbon that is the correct width for your barrettes. If you have barrettes for baby girls, you will want to use a more narrow ribbon.
- Cut a long piece of ribbon that will later be draped over the base of the hanger and taped together with your fabric tape.
- Using that ribbon, cut the remaining ribbon pieces the same length.
- Drape your ribbon pieces over the base of the hanger. Be sure to space them appropriately.
- Starting at the base of the hanger, begin to tape the ribbon pieces together and work your way down.
Here's what my ribbon hanger looks like without ribbons.
I used a Command hook and hung our ribbon hanger inside our pantry door (shown in the top picture). This saves us a lot of time looking for barrettes in the morning when we're getting ready for school.