Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Skinny (Vegan and Gluten-Free too!) Banana Oatmeal Cookies


My grandma, who was my last living grandparent, passed away 25 days shy of her 95th birthday in June.  For as long as I can remember, my grandma always had a cookie jar filled with cookies.  As a kid (and an adult!), I was excited to see what I'd find in the jar when we went to Grandma's house.



I feel very fortunate that I got to keep her cookie jar.  It reminds me of her every time I look at it.  And I've had many experiences since her passing that lets me know that she's still looking out for us.  So in honor of my wonderful, weight-conscious, cookie-loving grandma, I baked some skinny cookies for my "new" cookie jar!


Ingredients:
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup of gluten-free uncooked quick oats
1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or add-in of your choice)
Dash of cinnamon (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a small bowl.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips (or other add-in)
5. Add cinnamon (optional)
6. Scoop with a spoon and drop a small ball of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 13-15 minutes until slightly golden on top.

Makes ~12 cookies


Love and miss you GG!
 GG with Clara on her 1st birthday

 GG with Ava

GG with Sidney

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...