I have been trying to find some healthier treats that I can put in Sidney's lunches when she starts Kindergarten in the fall. In addition to having dairy, egg and nut allergies, she also has texture issues with foods. Unfortunately, she did not like these muffins...so Ava and I ate them all. They were DELICIOUS! I really can't believe she didn't like them. I can only figure that it was the texture - she's kind of a hard, crunchy kind of girl. Anyway, if your kids don't have any aversions to soft, delicious muffins, they will love these!
1.5 cups white whole wheat flour (you can use all-purpose flour too)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or you can use 1 egg)
1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium...although I've often used just 2 large bananas)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Make well in center.
3. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Stir just til moistened.
5. Spoon into muffin tin.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Cool and Eat!