The weather is getting cooler and it's making me crave pasta! This is one of my favorite pasta dishes because it's healthy-ish and still tastes great. I used the Lasagna Rolls recipe from the Skinny Taste blog and added a couple of things.
16 lasagna noodles, cooked
16 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
1 package sliced portobello mushroooms, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and fresh ground pepper
32 oz pasta sauce
9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
3. While the noodles are cooking, saute onions and mushrooms in a pan. Set aside.
4. When the noodles are finished cooking, place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry.
5. Combine mushrooms, onion, spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
6. Ladle about 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
7. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle.
8. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
9. Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
10. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts.
11. To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
This recipe makes 16 rolls (4-5 servings). Enjoy!