My in-laws bought the girls this fun DVD:
The DVD shows how to make the concoctions step by step. There is also a booklet with the instructions.
We've only made one so far - Gooey Gunk (which my kids have renamed Space Goop). It was a big hit. It's super stretchy too!
It's very easy to make. Here's what you need:
Solution A Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp liquid tempera paint or 7-10 drops food coloring (See Note below)
- 1 cup (three 4 oz bottles) white glue
Solution B Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 4 tsp. Borax laundry booster
How to Concoct It:
1. Mix ingredients for Solution A together in a medium bowl.
2. In a second medium bowl, mix the ingredients for Solution B together until the Borax is completely dissolved. I used my hands. The solution was a little bit grainy but mostly dissolved.
3. Slowly pour Solution A into Solution B. Do not mix!
4. Using your hands, roll Solution A around in Solution B 4 or 5 times.
5. Lift Solution A out of Solution B and knead for 2-3 minutes. As you knead it, it will begin to dry.
6. Store Gunk in and airtight container or zip bag.
I used at least 10 drops of McCormick red food coloring and our Gunk turned out pink, which was perfect for my girls. However, if you need a specific color, you may want to try using Wilton food coloring instead. I didn't try the paint so I can't say how the color will turn out.